Foreigners need visas to enter Korea. Korea regards a visa once the recommendation that is consulвЂ™s of for the entry authorization of the foreigner. The immigrations office personnel during the airport can refuse the entry of the foreigner if he chooses that the foreigner will not meet up with the demands for entry authorization regardless of if the foreigner holds a visa.
- Solitary visa: A foreigner can enter Korea only one time inside the period that is effective. (Effective period: three months through the issuance date)
- Multiple visa: A foreigner can enter Korean significantly more than twice inside the effective duration.
Stay static in Korea
- Short-term stay: ninety days or less
- Long-term stay: 91 times or even more
Individuals with long-lasting stay status shall perform registration that is alien 3 months associated with entry date.
Scope of foreignersвЂ™ tasks
A foreigner may live in Korea just in the range of his/her status sojourn and sojourn duration, and it is maybe maybe not allowed to take part in governmental tasks unless otherwise prescribed for legal reasons. A foreigner wanting to be used during his/her stay static in Korea should hold a sojourn status which allows work, and she or he must not work on an accepted destination aside from his/her designated office. A foreigner desperate to alter or include his/her workplace in the scope of his/her status of sojourn should get authorization through the Minister of Justice ahead of time. Nevertheless, foreigners with professional knowledge, practices or abilities as recommended by Presidential Decree shall report the change or addition of spot of strive towards the Minister of Justice within 15 times of the date of these modification or addition.
Employment in Korea
The after sojourn statuses allow work tasks.
- Short-term work (C-4), professorship (E-1), foreign language instruction (E-2), research (E-3), technology transfer (E-4), professional work (E-5), arts and shows (E-6), unique career (E-7), non-professional work (E-9), vessel crew (E-10), and working check out (H-2)
These sojourn statuses of residence (certain visa kinds beneath the category that is f-2 and partner of a Korean nationwide (F-6) try not to limit employment tasks.
Permanent residence (F-5) status doesn’t limit work tasks aside from easy work and tasks that adversely affect public morals or disrupt social purchase.
Authorization of tasks away from present status of sojourn
In which a foreigner, along with tasks permitted under his/her status of sojourn, promises to participate in tasks which can be allowed under a status that is different of, she or he should get authorization through the Minister of Justice ahead of time. Nevertheless, in the event that activit that is new his/her primary task, he/she should get authorization for modification of sojourn status.
A foreigner who’s maybe perhaps not really a citizen that is korean get Korean nationality using the Minister of JusticeвЂ™s authorization of naturalization. Naturalization is divided in to basic naturalization, simplified naturalization and naturalization that is special.
|Type||۵ years or even more residence|
Relate to Articles 5-7 of this Nationalit Act.
|Article 5 of the Nationality Act-General naturalization|
Immigration Priority Card Issuance
What’s the Immigration Priority Card?
Immigration Priority Card holders may use the fast-track lane (special passage for flight team and diplomats) during the airport. The card is granted by KOTRA, that will accept applications from qualified candidates such as for example foreign investors.
Any one who satisfies among the following conditions can be eligible for a an Immigration Priority Card
- The staff and professionals of international moms and dad businesses or Asia headquarters of foreign-invested businesses that meet with the after international direct investment (FDI) quantity requirements (declared quantity)*
|Classification||Declared FDI Amount|
|Finance & insurance coverage||USD 50 million or even more industry that is manufacturing 15 million or maybe more|
|other people||USD 10 million or even more|
|RetailВ·wholesale, transport, storage space||USD 5 million or even more|
|R&D center operations, organizations with new-growth technologies||USD 2 million or higher|
When trying to get a card reissuance following the termination date, the arrival number of FDI must add up to at the least 50percent regarding the quantity declared during the time of application.
- The executives and workers of international moms and dad businesses or Asia headquarters of foreign-invested companies with 100 or maybe more full-time workers
- The professionals and workers of international organizations that are economic Korea
- Users of investment delegations invited to Korea by central and government that is local
The Immigration Priority Card is legitimate for 3 years beginning with the date of issuance. (6 months for users of investment delegations invited by main and government that is local)
- For professionals and workers regarding the international moms and dad organizations or Asia headquarters of a foreign-invested businesses: a duplicate associated with the applicantвЂ™s foreign-invested business enrollment certification For professionals and workers of international financial companies in Korea: certified content of business enrollment For people in investment delegations invited by main or municipality agencies: document certifying invitation to Korea
- Certification of work at overseas moms and dad business or Asia headquarters ( or other papers certifying that the applicant belongs to business or team)
- Among the after documents: – For businesses running R&D centers: certification of recognition of the corporate-affiliated research center or certification of recognition of R&D division given by the Korea Industrial tech Association (or the official document because of the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy certifying designation being an R&D center) – For businesses using brand brand brand new development technologies: certification of income income income tax decrease or exemption released because of the Ministry of Strategy & Finance – For organizations with 100 or even more full-time workers: record of paid wages, a number of insured workers given by the Korea WorkersвЂ™ Compensation & Welfare provider, or a written report associated with withholding of tax granted by an income tax workplace
- Copy of applicantвЂ™s passport
The applying form and documents that are required be submitted via email in PDF format
Application duration: the first
tenth of each and every month в†’ Issued round the 25th for the exact exact exact same thirty days / For applications gotten after the tenth of each and every month в†’ Issued round the 25th of this month that is following
Application & inquiries
- Sign up for KOTRA Express
- Computer Variation
- Privacy Declaration
- Copyright Protection
The info above is topic to improve relative to the Ministry of Justice tips.